Saturday 2 November 2013

October Favourites!

Hello Littl’uns!
It’s time for another monthly favourites post!
I loved doing one of these last month, and am super excited to do another. So let’s get going. Here are my October favourites…

Beauty.
Maybelline: Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24h: 01 Intense Black: £7.99
This month I bought my very first gel eyeliner. I’ve always been wary as I’ve just not been sure how well I’d be able to apply it. My liquid liner has always been so easy and precise. However this product by Maybelline has been amazing! It goes on so smoothly and you only need a tiny bit so that alone makes it worth its money. If you’re not convinced – it also comes with a little brush! It certainly lives up to its name too. It is indeed a very intense black, and it does indeed stay put for 24 hours. I will definitely be repurchasing!

Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte: Kate Moss: 107: £5.49
This lipstick is BEAUTIFUL. The formulation is so soft and goes on so well. It lasts wonderfully and the colour is perfect for this time of year. I’ve always loved reds but I usually go for cherry reds. This is much more of a purple-y berry red and it is gorgeous. Very classy.

Maybelline: BabyLips: Cherry Me: £2.99
I’m so obsessed with this right now. I’m always wary to try new lip balms as I do get dry lips and in general only nivea lip balms seem to do any good. But this is fantastic! It doesn’t go on greasy, it sinks into your lips wonderfully. Not just that, it also smells incredible. Just like fake cherries! Furthermore it has this very subtle colour to it, meaning you can just put this on and be ready for the day.

Tv/Film.
The Pretty Little Liars Halloween special was this month and honestly, I’m not going to sit here and say it was amazing. That would be far from the truth. The majority of the episode felt like a giant advertisement for Ravenswood, and the acting was occasionally just a bit…much. It was all a bit melodramatic really. But this is a favourites post… so hang in there for the silver lining here…
Now I wont ruin anything, but the last five minutes was spectacular. Yes it only really confirmed what we already knew, but to have that confirmation in a show like this where something you’re so sure of can change so quickly? That was perfect.

Music.
Once again I am astounded by YouTube musicians. Here are some covers I’ve really enjoyed this month:
Kina Grannis & Marie Digby: The Keeper:  Clicky.
Georgia Buchanan: All Her Gold: Clicky.
Cherrbs: Kiss Me: Clicky.

Internet.
My favourite YouTube vloggers had a baby this month, and I am just even more in love with their vlogs than ever. That family is of course, the ShayTards! Find them here.

Food.

A lovely little Vegetarian café called The Good Apple has opened up just five minutes from my house. Everything it serves is Vegetarian as the name suggests, and most things can be made vegan on request. The staff are lovely, and the atmosphere is great! They also do the most incredible vegan brownies! :)

Random.

Halloween! Now I can’t say I did anything wild for Halloween, but I did get to carve pumpkins with someone special and honestly? It was the best Halloween I’ve had in years.

Things are going to start getting busy as of next week! But I’ll tell you about that some other time. As for now, you can check out this video if you’re interested:


Lots of love,
Kristi.
<3

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO behind on PLL, but I'm not impressed by what I've heard about Ravenswood - I feel like it'll get to a point where you'll have to watch both in order to understand what's going on!

    Hannah's Haven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I've not had the time to be watching Ravenswood to be honest! I'm kinda interested to watch it seeing as there's a Caleb storyline and I love Caleb, but otherwise, I'm not too sure.
      I don't think it'll be important to the plot of PLL, by the sounds of it it has too many supernatural-esque plots of its own to keep up with! So you're alright on that front :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...